- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 24
- 24 colorful or animal themed paper liners
- 1 (18.75 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 10-12 green mini fruit leather rolls, unrolled
- 24 pretzel sticks
- 1 (7 ounce) bag coconut flakes
- 6-10 drops green food coloring
- 1 (16 ounce) container chocolate fudge frosting
- 72 Essential Everyday® Animal Crackers
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Divide among 2 (12 count) paper lined muffin pans. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to create palm trees, cut 96 leaves out of the fruit leather. Create 24 small balls from excess fruit leather, working with ball until it becomes tacky. Press 4 leaves onto each ball making sure leaves stick to ball. Carefully press pretzel stick into ball on underside of palm top, pinching ball to form around pretzel. Set aside.
- In 1-gallon food storage bag, combine coconut and food color. Seal bag; shake until coconut is green. Transfer coconut to a shallow dish.
- To assemble, frost cooled cupcakes and dip in coconut. Press palm trees into center of each cupcake. Press 3 animal crackers, standing up, in a circle around palm trees.